Friday, 8 May 2015

More Opinions for WASET fake conferences.

More Opinions for WASET fake conferences.  http://main.its.utoronto.ca/news/fake-conference-advertisement/

https://networks.h-net.org/node/7636/discussions/16552/alert-concerning-wasetorg


Muzaffar Baas April 22, 2014 at 6:57 PM  
I m a researcher from Pakistan, I recently got to know about the WASET conferences being a scam, i had submitted my abstract and as predicted got accepted in no time!!! Now, i have filed my visa, and its just too late. I have not yet paid for the conference registration fee. I have filed a visa stating I have a conference to attend.


I would love to hear more from you guys, and do let me know how I can get out of this now. Since, the WASET org is a scam. What should I do now?

Anonymous May 14, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I submitted my full paper to this WASET and paid the fee. I wanted to book a room in the hotel which is also the venue of their conference in copenhagen. Surprisingly , this is the reply of conference department of the hotel :this conference is not booked here at Scandic Front. their venue is fake.

Anonymous June 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM 
Money paid for 17847 articles is roughly 9 million euro, out of records. Around 1.000 of them are of Turkish academics ; most of them have been sent to him after Canakkale University (Turkey) fired him (Feb 2004) due to fraud just after 1.5 years he started to work in a university , without any academic and engineering qualifications - background , since he is a secondary school teacher,


FAKE Dr/PhD Cemal Ardil sometimes introduces himself as if he were from Azerbaijan, and had a PhD from National Academy of Aviation (Baku - Azerbaijan) ; Azerbaijan is 1 o a few countres he had never been. But WASET has lots of clients from Azerbaijan, some of which are Azerbaijan Science Academy members including father-in-law of the President who has aroun 10 WASET articles. They rarely in Turkey for years. Almost every week there are FAKE WASET conferences in different countries. They are there. Sometime in the same time there are FAKE WASET conferences in 3 different countries. While travelling the world from tens of conferences in a country to tens of in another country Ebru Ardil had an msc diploma (Trakya University - Turkey, computer engineering, 2009) then become a phd student, Bora Ardil had an msc diploma (Okan University - Turkey, computer engineering, 2013) then become a phd student, Fake Dr/PhD Cemal Ardil has an e-mba diploma (Beykent University - Turkey) then become a phd student. How could these be possible !?.... Guess the answer !.... These are not distance learning or online diplomas (except 1 : e-mba).. AnonymousJune 19, 2014 at 8:11 PM Some of the physical addresses of WASET (2003 - ....) : First one : Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Computer Engineering Department, Canakkale - Turkey. Second one (after university fired him (Feb 2004) due to fraud) : A PO Box, Canakkale - Turkey Last one - 2 : A PO Box, Dubai - United Arab Emirates Last one - 1 : A PO Box, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico - USA Last one (spring 2014 - ....) : A PO Box, Riverside - Connecticut - USA

If someone wants , s/he can easily finds faults of WASET by just looking at - PO box address , - owners of WASET - web site - bank accounts etc. If someone goes to WASET conferences it is impossible NOT to see the faults there. If someone spends his/her money to attend a conference (500 euro + travel etc which sums up to 3.000 euro which is very much for poor countries), s/he checks all these details NOT to be cheated and lost his/her money. When university pays most of them skip these checks and prefer NOT to care any fault and jump to a free exotic holiday. So owners of 17847 articles prefer to hide facts - documents - photos of their experiences with WASET.
No WASET conferences in Turkey between 2005 - mid 2013 , since they were suspicious. They regularly restarted to visit Turkey in mid 2013 , since they feel as lords here. If you visit recent conference program pages of WASET, you will see 1.000+ articles in conferences in around 30 countries in 3-4 months (June .. August .. September 2014). 1.000 articles = 500.000 hot cache euro. AnonymousJune 26, 2014 at 7:57 AM i submitted my research paper yesterday and then came to know it is a fake conference.i am so tensed there is no delete option of paper please help me out what should i do now.its my effort my whole work. Reply


Anonymous June 26, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Well, I send them message and asked to withdraw and now status about my paper is shown as withdraw and rejected but my uploaded paper is still there. tell me what should i do now? Anonymous I'm glad I checked google and stumbled on your blogpost and others before putting together an abstract due this week for a Waset genetics conference in Osaka (since I'm working in japan atm). I can't believe scam conferences exist, I guess I'm too naive!
Things that raised flags during the past weeks while I was considering going to the conference: -I asked them 2 separate questions about abstracts and deadlines, and I got the same response (cut and paste) -I looked at conference proceedings for a Waset genetics conference in Oslo and presentations are not even related to the field (http://www.waset.org/conference/2014/07/oslo/ICGMB/program) -I asked my supervisor and 2 other colleagues if they had ever heard of this international conference, and they had no idea -The same Genetics and molecular biology is held in 2 consecutive months in 2 'neighboring' cities in Japan: October in Osaka and November in Kyoto


Anonymous August 20, 2014 at 6:13 AM
They also use my name without my permission as conference committee


Anonymous August 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM
i agree completely. fake conference waste of money, just back from Turkey Aug 2014 where there ere 9 presentations from all disciplines and no peer review or anything substantive.


Anonymous September 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM
 I attended the conference here in singapore and truly all your post are correct. It was a poorly managed conference and no professionalism at all. I was surprised that they give the certificates and the reciept of the payment at thw registration desk. And whats even surprising is that i havent paid the 500 euro registration yet. I entered the conference room and it was too small for a conference. It doesnt fit 50 people. From that i realized that this conference is really after the money. I waited for my turn presented my paper but did not pay the fee. Afterall, i spend money to fly and look for accomodation. My question is are they going to hunt me and ask for my payment?


Sara September 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I am a PhD student and, unfortunately, my collegue and I have been victim of this fake conference. We were looking for a conference about vaccines and vaccination and we decided to join the ICVV 2014 in Rome, the "International Conference of Vaccines and Vaccination" organized by Waset. When the congress program was available (only less than one week before the conference) we noticed that the list of abstracts and posters did not reflect the topics we were interested in and that were promoted in the flyer on Waset website. We tried many times to ask an explanation but, obviously, they didn't answered (the only way to contact them is by mail). After that we looked up for other conferences organized by Waset in the same period and city. What we noticed was that there were many conferences with different names and topics planned on the same day and at the same place of the ours. Unfortunately, we have wasted money that we would have wanted to put in our education.


Anonymous September 28, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Same story.

They have used names of around 100.000 academics worldwide for years without permission. Lots of them were aware of this, but they preferred NOT to take any action against this. Why ? Answer of this question will help to explain "yearslong" frauds of Ardil family.
-------------------------
Dear Colleagues and Friends,

I would like to alert H-Islamart members to the activities of waset.org, an organization that purports to organize academic conferences on a remarkably broad range of subjects. Discussion of these conferences and concerns about the organization's practices can be found on the following pages :

.... (-* LINKS *-)

In particular, my own name was included, without my knowledge or permission, as a member of a WASET scientific committee on the following webpage until my request for it to be removed was honored yesterday.

.... (-* LINK *-)

I have no affiliations with this organization, nor have I ever had any affiliation with them.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Ma'en Omoush
Assistant Professor of Medieval Islamic Archaeology.
Head of the Department of Archaeology.
Faculty of Archaeology and Anthropology.
Yarmouk University- Jordan


* https://networks.h-net.org/node/7636/discussions/16552/alert-concerning-wasetorg AnonymousOctober 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Announcement by by Cadi Ayyad University - Marrakech - Morocco

Moreover it is in 2 languages : Fr - Eng.
It has extra importance as the 1st one by a university on its web site against WASET fraud.

For years none of the universities in Turkey has done this in spite of lots of warnings sent to them.
Moreover they have sent hundreds of academics to WASET fake conferences ;
they have sent 500.000+ eurosto international bank accounts of fraudster Ardil family.
None of these academics has told his/her WASET fake conference story yet.
Some of these academics have gone to WASET fake conferences several tens of times and
traveled the world with fraudster Ardil family.


-------------------------------------
Actualités de l'UCA
Communiqué / Mise en garde
Publié le 20-05-2014 sous RECHERCHE
L'université Cadi Ayyad informe l'ensemble des chercheurs et partenaires qu'un "faux" congrès international sur les ultrasoniques utilise le nom et la réputation de l'université à travers un membre chercheur (Pr. Ahmed Chitnalah, FSTG) sans autorisation écrite..

L'adresse Web du "Faux" congrès est https://www.waset.org/conference/2015/03/miami/ICU

En plus, ce site Web n'indique pas la liste ou logos des partenaires organisateurs, comme il est coutume dans toute manifestation scientifique. Il n'y a non plus aucune adresse de contact.

De ce fait, l'UCA décline toute responsabilité vis-à-vis de ce congrès et met en garde de traiter avec ce genre d'acte.

---

Cadi Ayyad University inform all researchers and partners that a "FAKE" International Congress on Ultrasonics is using the name and the reputation of the university through a faculty member (Prof. Ahmed Chitnalah, FSTG) without written permission ..

The website link of the "FAKE" Congress is https://www.waset.org/conference/2015/03/miami/ICU

In addition, this website does not indicate the list or logos of organizing partners, as is usual in any scientific event. Also, there is no contacts.

Cadi Ayyad University disclaims and warns of dealing with this conference.

* http://www.uca.ma/site/news.php?id=204#.VDD5zZU9LIU

Anonymous November 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM
First newspaper article in English about WASET : -----------------------------------------------

* http://ottawacitizen.com/technology/science/science-and-the-death-of-peer-review

TOM SPEARS Tom Spears

Ottawa Citizen (Canada)

Published on: October 8, 2014
Last Updated: October 24, 2014 6:07 PM EST


Science fiction? Why the long-cherished peer-review system is under attack

Sefa Kaplan
Hurriyet , 12 December 2010
AnonymousNovember 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Announcement by European Neural Network Society
WARNING ABOUT FAKE CONFERENCE ON NEURAL NETWORKS


OCTOBER 30, 2014
ENNS
We have noticed the existence of an organisation claiming to organise the ICANN 2015 conference without any authorization from the ENNS. The organisation, called WASET, has a long history of “organising” thousands of conferences every year with the aim of earning money with the registration fees. The ENNS declines any relation with the above mentioned organisation and discourages anybody from participating to their events. The legit homepage for the next ICANN will be announced on this homepage.

* http://e-nns.org/2014/10/warning-about-fake-conference-on-neural-networks/Anonymous 

November 29, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Thank you very much for your useful information. I was considering attending a WASET conference!


Anonymous December 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I have sent my paper to waset Conference in Singapore in 2014 but has not paid the fee. However, my paper was published in one of its journal without paying any fee. Later, when I realised that Waset is a fake/scam organisation, I asked them to withdrew my paper. They replied that they could not removed the paper anymore because someone has already downloaded my paper. Due to this, I cannot publish my paper elsewhere. My dilemma is:

1-There is no ISSN number for the journal that my paper was published - i.e.International Journal of Social, Management, Economics and Business Engineering. Without the ISSN number, I cannot include my paper in my CV.
2-I don't have the email address of the person in charge of Waset to ask further questions. If you have, please let me know. AnonymousDecember 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM WASET conferences are fake and garbage. They publish fake SCIgen papers easily. Try yourself to send them bogus SCIgen texts. Do not send anything to WASET bastards. They are criminals and money hungry thugs.


Anonymous December 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Although my article was accepted by the Waset within 2 days after submitting, I did not pay the fee and participate in the conference, because I read several website including this page. Thank you very much everyone. But, I visited the venue to check the situation in Thailand on 18th - 19th December.

The Waset's "international conference" was held at the small floor of Amari Hotel, in which there was no guide plate and flag with conference name in the hotel including the floor. Therefore it was difficult for me to find the conference hall and reception. It was like Intentionally hidden meeting.

Finally, I confirmed the conference with a receptionist. There were several participants in the floor in front of the reception, but they went to somewhere without participation in the ongoing session.

This was first time for me to see the conference without any notice board in the venue.


Anonymous January 21, 2015 at 5:36 AM
Hi. I am a faculty member, trained from the US in engineering science and presently based outside US for about five years. I understand that the honesty we expect in US is often not found elsewhere, but we should not discredit good things happening elsewhere. I respect the views of Adam but do not agree with him or majority of people in this thread. We are scholars/researchers and should not use our personal prejudice or hatred to malign an organization. WASET organization and WASET conferences are not fake, at least in my experience. They may be a small budget organizers from a non-Western country, their conferences may be prolific (which I do object) and low-profile, but their events are legitimate and do take place. Peer review may be a bit lax (which is true for most foreign journals/conferences), but it does take place (they do similar fuss like IEEE and you have to format your paper as per an IEEE template) and papers are published. They are similar to IEEE (in my recent experience of attending an IEEE conference I had worst experience than WASET, my paper has not been published till date!). I attended a WASET conference a few years ago and submitted paper for another one recently, no money was stolen ever (maybe in some case it might have been lost I am sorry to learn that, but no one else has ever said that), there was a legitimate conference at a reasonably well-reputed hotel in a developed country, proceedings were published (in fact I picked up from the venue their previous proceeding booklets and they had some valuable papers to add to my knowledge. I discovered that the WASET publishers have been a well-reputed publishing house for many many years (more than 70 volumes are published and indexed by ISI), their current administration may have been working on commercial basis, but the academy is a legitimate organization and the group is not dishonest). HS, PhD


Anonymous March 22, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Announcement by University of Toronto
Fake Conference Advertisement
It has come to our attention that a false event (ICCSET) has been advertised as taking place at Chestnut Residence on June 15 and 16, 2015. A notice about this scam advisory has been placed on Chestnut’s Official Website at this link.
The website in question, waset.org, appears to be fake, although very elaborate in nature. The scam targets academics internationally, gathering papers, fees, registration information, and potentially other personal information.
ITS has identified 86 more websites hosted on the same IP address, and they all appear to be associated with academics in one fashion or another. At this time, it is unclear if all the aforementioned websites are malicious in nature.
What can you do about this? ITS asks all IT professionals to please inform faculty about this (and similar) scams. Although this scam does not appear to be new, it does not seem to have the visibility amongst its potential victims that it should.

* http://main.its.utoronto.ca/news/fake-conference-advertisement/


Anonymous April 21, 2015 at 4:39 PM
My friend recommended a conference to apply and while I was trying to attend a WASET conference, I suddenly decide to search about it. Why I did it, I dont know but I think I am a good person and god kept me :) I searched about WASET and found many comments like yours on web. Thank you but I have one question. I sent them my abstract paper, thanks God I didnot send the full paper but how I can get back my abstract. They wrote me on the program. I want them to delete my information.



1 comment:

  1. I myself have been to one of the WASET conference in Dubai in 2013. I can tell you that these conferences are of very low grade because:

    1. Papers are not indexed in SCOPUS, Web of science or any other database. They have their own database called International Science Index.

    2. WASET organizers fool people by calling for papers for conferences under different names at the same venue. In reality, there is only one conference at a particular venue. For example, lets see their website for an upcoming conference.

    https://www.waset.org/conference/industrial-and-manufacturing-engineering

    Vienna, 21-22 June: they have plenty conferences on that day:

    ICGME 2015: International Conference on Green Manufacturing Engineering, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICIIIE 2015: International Conference on Industrial and Intelligent Information Engineering, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICIOP 2015: International Conference on Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICIEOM 2015: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICIET 2015: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Technology, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)
    ICIEDA 2015: International Conference on Industrial Engineering Design and Analysis, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICIT 2015: International Conference on Industrial Technology, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    ICOMIE 2015: International Conference on Operations Management and Industrial Engineering, Vienna (Jun 21-22, 2015)

    So, eight conferences on the same dates at the same venue in Vienna. Great. Suppose I want to attend ICGME 2015 and they accept my paper for this conference. When I go there to attend ICGME 2015, I will find that all these different names for 8 different conferences were just an eyewash. There would be only one conference and that is WASET conference Vienna. And, thats how they club papers from different field of research together. Its just disgusting.

    What do you call this? Is it not fake? Is it morally right? Is it not cheating scientists and researchers?

    I don't know how do you see this but for me I felt cheated and disgusted.

    There are plenty more things I can discuss about WASET but for now I think this should be enough.

    ReplyDelete