Thursday, 25 September 2014

Complaints and Reports for Fake Review in Hindawi Journals (They Publish also Fake Conference Proceedings)

Complaints and Reports for Fake Review in Hindawi Journals (They Publish also Fake Conference Proceedings)

In the Blog
we read: 
Hindawi journals are fake journals of the worst kind. They do not have Editor-in-Chief. Secretariats (some girls in Egypt) are authorized to review papers.
They have a fake address in USA to cheat people. Do not trust Hindawi. They have retract many papers. Hindawi is really a junk publisher. Hindawi also accept very easily rejected papers from conferences. Stay away from this academic-commercial house: Hindawi. It is fake and bogus.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I checked google and stumbled on your blogpost and others before putting together an abstract due this week for a Waset genetics conference in Osaka (since I'm working in japan atm). I can't believe scam conferences exist, I guess I'm too naive!

    Things that raised flags during the past weeks while I was considering going to the conference:
    -I asked them 2 separate questions about abstracts and deadlines, and I got the same response (cut and paste)
    -I looked at conference proceedings for a Waset genetics conference in Oslo and presentations are not even related to the field (http://www.waset.org/conference/2014/07/oslo/ICGMB/program)
    -I asked my supervisor and 2 other colleagues if they had ever heard of this international conference, and they had no idea
    -The same Genetics and molecular biology is held in 2 consecutive months in 2 'neighboring' cities in Japan: October in Osaka and November in Kyoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this paper in Springer Verlag:
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11192-012-0781-y
    You can download the full paper from this link:
    http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/71/35/55/PDF/0-FakeDetectionSci-Perso.pdf

    As you can check the IEEE Data Base (IEEEXplore) contains at the moment more than 85 crappy papers (coputer generated garbage).

    Before that, IEEE had removed 157 (one hundred and fifty seven — no 1 or 2) conference proceedings from its IEEEXplore repository as fake and bogus. Many people paid the registration fees (700 or 800 USD) to have their papers published in IEEE Xplore. They had published them for a while and then IEEE deleted these fake conferences proceedings.
    Check it:
    http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/author_form.html

    ReplyDelete